Server Link Network Information
Connecting to the SLN
- You may list your own server by configuring the sln.ini entry SLNURL=http://www.apollo-games.com/SLN/sln.php/
- It is strongly recommended you obtain a domain name (game.example.com). This will prevent duplicate entries if your IP changes.
- The check-in must come from the server, web browser check-ins are no longer supported.
- Do not enter versions, events, or other advertising perks as your server name. The SLN will attempt to purge most of this, but if it is circumvented your listing may be removed completely.
- Do not enter a client download as your server url. Mobile device users don't like burning data when attempting to view your web page. The SLN will attempt to fix this for you, but you can also manually enter this by adding a clienturl tag in your server's source code. Your server url must be your website or be left blank if you don't have one.
- Do not link to websites or social media to webpages that are intended to be clickbait, advertising, or anything non-related to the server you are listing. This is misleading, annoying, and non-informative for the end users.
- Do not link to websites or client files that may contain malicious code. This will result in being blacklisted to disable all links for your server listing.
- Do not link material that contains work belonging to others without permission. This again will result in being blacklisted as the SLN will not directly link to infringing material.
- Do not make a "copycat" server, that is to take resource data from other servers to make replica for your own use.
- Do not enter names that mock or spoof other servers or individuals as your server name or use the server name for any purpose other than listing the name of your server.
- Do not falsify the information you send the SLN. If you are using player bots that are counted on your online list, they must have a player admin rank of 20 to be removed from the SLN player count.
- Do not send information to the SLN that is not in the correct parameter (example: Server Name is not your Website).
- Any listing that does not meet the guidelines above is subject to blacklisting, hiding elements of your listing, or potentially banning your listing completely.
- Zones may be configured in EOSERV's sln.ini configuration file by entering the zone name for SLNZone
- Public: This is the default zone. Leaving SLNZone blank or entering any unapproved zone name will always return Public.
- Test: This zone should be tagged for servers that are open to the public, but are generally only online for testing purposes.
- Official(retired): Reserved only for the official version of Endless Online hosted by Vult-r.
- Offical Software Test: Reserved for official Endless Online server software hosted privately for testing purposes.
- Clone(retired): Reserved for exact duplicates of Endless Online hosted using the EOSERV software.
- Blacklist: Reserved for servers violating the guidelines above. No statistical data will be shown for these servers.
- Server Check-In Validation: The SLN will validate check-ins only from actual live server software which is capable of remote connections (Web browser check-ins have been discontinued).
- Server Host Verification: Once you have a domain name, the SLN will always identify your server as the original and merge with previous entries even if the IP is different (same port required).
- The Indicator: When your server first appears on the SLN, this indicator will appear before your server name for 30 days from the first time you connect to the SLN.
- Client Version Indicators: Indicates if a server supports features in the latest official client build or if only legacy builds should be used.
- Media Indicators( ): These will only appear when you send the following tags to your server's source code(see sln.cpp): discord, facebook, twitter, youtube.
- Software: This is the brand of server software you are using. This does not apply to custom revisions to existing brands.
- Client: This can be either the official client, or by sending the clienturl tag via your server source code (see sln.cpp) you can link your own client download.
- Version: This is the latest version of the official client software the server is compatible with.
- Launched: This is either the first date you connected to the SLN, or the timestamp of the oldest character in your database. Once sent to the SLN, this cannot be changed.
- Average Players/Best Average: The average number of players is based on about a month of check-ins, and the best average is the highest maintained average number.
- Average Player Trend: The average player count will be shown in RED if the current trend of players is below average, GREEN if trending above average, and BLACK if the trend is flat.
- Uptime/Best Uptime: Uptime can be sent to the SLN for a more accurate uptime using the tag uptime(see sln.cpp) and by sending the raw time value to the SLN. Reference EOSERV's $uptime admin command for this.
- Gold Status: Servers with an outstanding history will be awarded gold status with their server name displayed in GOLD. Benchmarks for this elite status are 5 years online, achieved 100 players online at any point, and must have met a max average of 50 players at some point within the server's lifespan.
- On Fire!: The player count is much greater than what the server normally averages. A server that is "On Fire!" might be hosting an event!
- PK Indicator: All maps on this server are player-kill zones.
- Deadly PK Indicator: All maps on this server are player-kill zones and a player killed by another will drop all items.
- Location Flag: This is the closest proximity of the location where the server's IP resolves.
- Warning Indicator: This server may have unintentionally had its user account data exposed within the last 30 days.
- Urgent Warning Indicator: This server may deliberately practice unethical collection and redistribution of user data for malicious intent. User information may be compromised.
- Cool Guys: Some really cool community members show up from time to time. If you see their indicator on a server, it is really them.
Help and Troubleshooting
- Error codes will be returned to the server if anything goes wrong during a check-in. Anything other than codes in the 400's should be reported.
- Error code 500 can occur when the SLN cannot resolve your host or your host does not match the IP address of your server. Please address this before reporting an error. Port forwarding and domain name resolution is your responsibility.
- Error codes within the 400's have to do with your server configuration and your server host visibility. If your error falls within this range, it needs to be corrected on your end.
- If you are having trouble connecting to the SLN or have general questions related to listing guidelines please contact Apollo.