- Do not enter versions, events, or other advertising perks as your server name. The SLN will attempt to purge most of this, but if it is circumvented your listing may be removed completely.
- Do not enter a client download as your server url. Mobile device users don't like burning data when attempting to view your web page. The SLN will attempt to fix this for you, but you can also manually enter this by adding a clienturl tag in your server's source code. Your server url must be your website or be left blank if you don't have one.
- Do not link to websites or social media to webpages that are intended to be clickbait, advertising, or anything non-related to the server you are listing. This is misleading, annoying, and non-informative for the end users.
- Do not link to websites or client files that may contain malicious code. This will result in being blacklisted to disable all links for your server listing.
- Do not link material that contains work belonging to others without permission. This again will result in being blacklisted as the SLN will not directly link to infringing material.
- Do not make a "copycat" server, that is to take resource data from other servers to make replica for your own use.
- Do not enter names that mock or spoof other servers or individuals as your server name.
- Do not falsify the information you send the SLN. If you are using player bots that are counted on your online list, they must have a player admin rank of 20 to be removed from the SLN player count.
- The Indicator: When your server first appears on the SLN, this indicator will appear before your server name for 30 days from the first time you connect to the SLN.
- Media Indicators( ): These will only appear when you send the following tags to your server's source code(see sln.cpp): discord, facebook, twitter, youtube.
- Software: This is the brand of server software you are using. This does not apply to custom revisions to existing brands.
- Client: This can be either the official client, or by sending the clienturl tag via your server source code (see sln.cpp) you can link your own client download.
- Launched: This is either the first date you connected to the SLN, or the timestamp of the oldest character in your database. Once sent to the SLN, this cannot be changed.
- Average Players/Best Average: The average number of players is based on about a month of check-ins, and the best average is the highest maintained average number.
- Uptime/Best Uptime: Uptime can be sent to the SLN for a more accurate uptime using the tag uptime(see sln.cpp) and by sending the raw time value to the SLN. Reference EOSERV's $uptime admin command for this.
- PK Indicator: All maps on this server are player-kill zones.
- Deadly PK Indicator: All maps on this server are player-kill zones and a player killed by another will drop all items.
- Location Flag: This is the closest proximity of the location where the server's IP resolves.
- Coolguys: Some really cool community members show up from time to time. If you see their indicator on a server, it is really them.
- If you are having trouble connecting to the SLN or have general questions related to listing guidelines please contact Apollo.